Modernistic uses the power vacuum and air sweep air duct cleaning method in our Residential Air Duct Cleaning, which is the most powerful and effective approach in the industry. This is a “push-pull” method, where a large-diameter vacuum is attached to the trunk line of the furnace, putting the home under negative pressure. This sucks debris out of the system into our truck and is the “pull.” We also used high-pressure air tools to loosen and “push” debris from the mouth of each register back toward the vacuum line. For most homes, we use a truck-mounted system, however portable units are available for circumstances that cannot be accessed by the truck. Here’s an overview of the steps the Modteam will take during your cleaning: 1) Inspect HVAC system and ductwork to identify any potential concerns and determine how to best approach the job. 2) Find and determine how to access all hot air vents and cold air returns. 3) Prepare the home for cleaning. Your crew will use proper safety measures to protect your home during the cleaning process. 4) Create an access panel in the trunk line of the furnace. This panel will be secured after cleaning with industrial-grade sheet metal. This same panel will be used for all future cleanings. 5) Connect 8″ vacuum hose to the access panel and fire up the truck. This is when the cleaning starts. The vacuum itself is so powerful, dust and debris will immediately begin to depart your home and make their way into our truck. 6) Clean all cold air returns first with high-pressure tools to push debris and buildup back toward the vacuum line. 7) Clean all hot air vents with high-pressure tools to push contaminants back toward the vacuum line. 8) For exposed ductwork, our crew will make access ports to ensure a thorough cleaning. These ports are resealed after cleaning with industry-approved caps. 9) Clean the blower compartment 10) Optional: For customers with health concerns, sanitizing the ductwork is an additional step the crew can take. This is the process of using an ultra-low volume electrostatic fogger to apply an environmentally friendly sanitizer to all ductwork. A standard cleaning removes the contaminants you can see with the naked eye. Sanitizer treats the ductwork on a molecular level.
Preparing for Your Appointment
In preparation for your Air Duct Cleaning appointment, please do the following:
- Have a spot for our crew to park in the driveway or on the street, as close to the home as possible to maximize the power of our vacuum.
- Make a nice, clear path to the furnace.
- Move breakables and knick-knacks off of furniture that is blocking the vents. The crew will move the furniture, but it’s very helpful if you can pre-move breakables and knick-knacks.
- Secure pets as the door will need to be propped slightly open during the cleaning. Don’t worry, in inclement weather, a door guard is used to minimize disruption to your household.
- Payment is due at the time of the service. Our crew is happy to accept any major credit card or a check.