Our Area Rug Washing Process | Rugology
Our seven step, boutique style, full immersion area rug washing system, is like a day at the spa for your area rugs. Each rug is hand washed and separately treated with a customized plan tailored to its unique needs. Here’s what to expect:
1) Inspection The first thing we do is have one of our certified technicians thoroughly inspect your rug. We examine the precise weave and fiber composition, check for dye strength, and look for at least 30 different conditions common to area rugs. During the inspection we determine exactly what kind of pre-treatment your rug needs.
2) Dusting Once the inspection is complete, we move on to the most important step in the process; dusting. Here we use a powerful soil separator to dislodge the debris that is deeply embedded in the foundation of the rug. A regular vacuum is not powerful enough to remove this deeply embedded dirt which if left there, will continuously scratch and abrade the fibers of the rug, deteriorating the buoyancy of the fibers, and ultimately causing your rug to look worn.
3) Boutique Wash Our modernized, boutique wash process continues with your rug swimming in our 1200-gallon wash tub of clean water, boosted with mild fiber specific, color safe, eco-friendly cleaning agents and paddle wheels are used to consistently agitate it. This light agitation relaxes the rug and allows the soil and grime to literally be massaged out of the fiber. Our hand wash process preserves the rug yarn and pile appearance better than any other cleaning methods.
4) Rinse Once your rug has been washed, it is removed from the wash tub, visually inspected by our certified technicians, and given a thorough rinse. It is then prepared for drying.
5) Spin Dry Our drying process involves the use of revolutionary technology that allows up to damp dry your area rug within minutes without any heat! Following the rinse, the wet rug is rolled up and placed into the cylinder of the Centri-Maxx Horizontal Rug Wringing Centrifuge and is spun at an incredible 900 revolutions per minute, removing the water in less than three minutes. Contrary to the traditional process, which uses heat and leaves the rug stiff and often with distorted pile, this method results in the rug feeling and looking new again!
6) Hang Dry Following the spin dry, your rug is reinspected, and neatly hung on our specialized drying rack system within our controlled drying facility. Ultimately bringing you a remarkably cleaner, brighter, softer and fresher smelling area rug than you ever imagined possible!
7) Groom & Deliver Once the rug is completely dry, we inspect it one last time to ensure quality results. It is then groomed to perfection, carefully wrapped and packaged and scheduled for pickup or delivery. It’s Simple & Quick!
We offer many additional services which can be added to your rug’s visit to our Rugology plant. These services include: