Simple & Quick!
Modernistic is Michigan’s #1 choice for cleaning and restoration services! Whether our customers need help with carpet or air duct cleaning, or they’ve suffered a flood or fire emergency, we can help!
The #ModTeam is passionate and ultra-focused on our number one goal- Customer Delight! We aim to make sure our customers have an outstanding experience with our company. While we are driven and fast-growing, we also like to have fun while we work! We look forward to meeting you!
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed
- Cutting, shaping and smoothing lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass, plastic) according to measurements.
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required