Modernistic | Rugology – Rug Washing
Rugology: the Art and Science of Rug Washing
Here at Modernistic, we’re not just passionate about carpet cleaning, we have also studied the art and science of rug washing; we call it Rugology! We treat your area rugs like our very own. We know that each rug has its own individual character and cleanings needs, and believe in handling your rug with the best personalized care!
Here are just a few of the many reasons to choose Modernistic:
- Newest technology in rug washing
- Boutique wash
- Customized care
- Each rug is separately treated and attended to on an individual basis
- Multiple stage inspection
- No bleach or chemicals used
- All products biodegradable, eco-safe and hypoallergenic
- Turnaround time of 2 weeks or less
- After 5p.m. and Saturday services available
Instead of using mass production or automated washing tools that lack attention and care, we use Centrum-Force® state-of-the-art, advanced rug washing equipment that allows for the most delicate handling and thorough cleaning of even your most precious rugs; whether it is a machine made rug or a priceless antique, we handle them carefully. Our boutique style, full immersion washing system ensures each rug is hand washed and separately treated and attended to on an individual basis. This new Centrum Force® system includes seven steps: Inspection, Dusting, Boutique Wash, Rinse, Spin Dry, Hang Dry and Groom & Deliver.
The Modernistic Rug Cleaning Process:
- INSPECTION – The first thing we do is thoroughly inspect your rug. We examine the precise weave and fiber composition, check for dye strength and look for at least 30 different conditions common to area rugs. Once your rug has been properly inspected and thoroughly examined by our staff of certified technicians, then starts the most important step of the process, dusting.
- DUSTING - A powerful soil separator is used to dislodge the dirt and dust that is deeply imbedded in the foundation of the rug before it is washed. A regular vacuum is not powerful enough to remove this deeply imbedded dirt which can dull and scratch fibers.
- BOUTIQUE WASH – Our modernized wash process continues with your rug swimming in a bath of clean water boosted with mild fiber specific, color safe cleaning solutions. Your rug is submitted to complete water immersion at our unique rug spa, the Centrum Star paddle wheel wash tub. Soil is removed by the easy shakeup of the wash water without the harsh use of brushes that can damage rug fibers. This light agitation relaxes the rug and allows the soil and grime to literally be massaged out of the fiber. Our rug washing process is like sending your rug to the spa! They truly get pampered! Our hand wash process preserves the rug yarn and pile appearance better than the typical cleaning methods. Our rug care specialists pay careful attention to detail and subject your rug to multiple stages of inspection as it is cleaned to guarantee a difference you can both feel and smell. Special care is taken every step of the way to ensure your investment is maintained and your rug is brought back to its original charm.
- RINSE – Once your rug has been washed, we pull it out of the Centrum Star paddle wheel wash tub, and visually inspect it, and rinse it off. After your rug is rinsed, we roll it up to prepare it for drying
- SPIN DRY – Our drying process involves the use of revolutionary Centri-Maxx Horizontal Rug Wringing Centrifuge to produce damp dry results in just minutes. Contrary to the traditional process which leaves the rug stiff and may distort pile, this method results in the rug feeling and looking new again. The wet rug is rolled into the cylinder of the wringer and is spun at an incredible 900 revolutions per minute evacuating the water in less than three minutes. We do NOT use heat in the rug drying process.
- HANG DRY – From there your rug is hung on specialty designed racks in our controlled drying facility to ultimately bring you a remarkably cleaner, brighter, softer and fresher smelling rug than you ever imagined possible!
- GROOM & DELIVER – Once the rug is completely dry, it is inspected again to ensure quality results. After the final inspection, the rug is scheduled for pickup or delivery.
The inner beauty and passion of a truly clean rug will amaze you once properly cleaned by our team of hand cleaning specialists at Modernistic Rugology. We are committed to green cleaning and use biodegradable, eco-safe and hypoallergenic products to maintain a healthy home and safe planet. We guarantee complete removal of cat and dog urine and other biological odor producing agents. Even if your area rug has been ill affected by the problems associated with flooding or sewer back-up, we can reverse the damage and return the rug back to a healthy state.
Our repair department features the following repairs: secure edges/overcast, fringe rebuilding or replacement, and wearing and replacing holes and tears.
In addition to decontamination, odor control, and repairs we also offer the following services:
- 3M Scotchgard
- Moth deterrent
- Protective coating
- Custom rug padding
Modernistic is dedicated to providing the absolute best service in the cleaning industry. If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, we’ll cheerfully perform the service again or refund your money.
Customer Delight • Integrity • Innovative Thinking • Relationships Based on Trust