Controller – Troy, MI
Work for the best Cleaning & Restoration Company in the state of Michigan!
For over 40 years, family-owned Modernistic Cleaning has been providing exceptional service to home and business owners, across Michigan! Our services include carpet and upholstery cleaning, tile and air duct cleaning, area rug washing and 24 hour flood emergency services. We take pride in providing each of our customers with exceptional customer service, start to finish. Accuracy, efficiency and providing outstanding service with a smile, is key to our continued success.
- Responsible for all period-end closing activities. Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management including accurate and timely monthly and year-end reporting.
- Compiles and analyzes financial data to create and record monthly journal entries.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and trends. Reports results to upper management.
- Prepares and coordinates supporting documentation request for audits and interacts with external auditors as needed.
- Supervises and directs Accounts Payable function.
- Supervises and directs Accounts Receivable function.
- Supervises and directs Payroll and Benefits Administration.
- Meets requests for ad-hoc reporting and special projects.
- Documents policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Actively seeks opportunities for process improvements that drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reviews accounting policies periodically and recommends updates to management.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the dynamics of a family owned business.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and perspective.
- A “hands on” attitude and approach.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties.
- Ability to turn data into insight.
- Confident team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude; goal and deadline oriented.
- Possesses irrefutable business and personal ethics.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP, strong Excel skills.