History, Background and Experience
Modernistic’s humble beginnings date back to 1973, when this newly founded carpet and upholstery cleaning business operated out of a modest two-car garage. Following a disciplined process, which focuses on total customer satisfaction, Modernistic has become one of the largest independent carpet and upholstery cleaning businesses in the entire country.
Modernistic’s growth and enviable reputation may be credited to 30 plus years of valuable experience and knowledge, a proven cleaning process and loyal employees with a philosophy of doing things “right” the first time.
In addition to a remarkable number of repeat residential customers, Modernistic is doing work for some of Michigan’s largest corporations. Through Modernistic’s goals and high expectations, growth and success will remain constant.
“The real challenge is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and where you want to be.
Modernistic has changed my life for the better ten times over. Since becoming the very first franchise, 25 years ago, my business has grown to be one of the largest independent carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in the country, and my goal is to keep growing. Thank you, Modernistic, for the opportunity of a lifetime.”
Lee Hitow, President and Owner
Modernistic Carpet Cleaning – Kalamazoo, Michigan
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations. At Modernistic we understand that our success is built upon a foundation of customer satisfaction. Therefore, each and every day, we must strive for nothing short of exceptional customer service. Modernistic has a tested and proven method of running a business with continuous training for all employees. We have a corporate staff that truly cares about helping you exceed customers’ expectations. At Modernistic, we believe this is the only way our franchises can grow and be successful!
- You and other cleaning technicians, who may ultimately work for you, are professionally and thoroughly trained in carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning.
- We make it our policy to be on time, courteous, and professional.
- After servicing customers you’ll follow-up with them, calling to make sure they were satisfied with all services performed.
- Customers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to request an appointment that can typically be accommodated the next day.
- Our goal is to keep customers for life!
- At Modernistic, we offer regular maintenance programs, where we evaluate a carpet, determine its wear and use, and provide a proposal outlining our professional recommendations.
At Modernistic we guarantee satisfaction, or we will return and do the work again, free of charge!
*Currently, Modernistic does not offer franchising in the states of California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Owning a Modernistic franchise makes sense for many reasons.
- Modernistic franchisees provide a variety of services in two expansive and growing industries – commercial and residential carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Modernistic franchise territories are available in 37 states across the country
- Markdata Enterprises Inc. reports that the carpet and upholstery cleaning business itself has become a $3 to $5 billion industry
Today’s carpet cleaning industry is comprised of various small businesses taking care of a lot of carpet cleaning. By becoming associated with the Modernistic network and brand, entrepreneurs enter the carpet cleaning business with a distinct advantage over the competition.